Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
What a joy to present to you our new CDHK promp-list for July 2017. This month I love to inspire you through classical and non-classical kigo (seasonwords) for Summer. Kigo are "to use" words that point towards the season in which the haiku is written.
For example: kigo "beach"
the beach deserted
And of course there is our tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold. I am busy to create it and I hope to have it ready on July 28th, the day on which Jane died last year.
And last but not least ... July 15th until August 15th 2017 Our new retreat will be featured here at CDHK. This time our Carpe Diem Retreat is themed Autumn and Departure.
Here are the prompts for this month:
3. outdoor fun
4. change of clothes (Koromogae)
6. cold sake (Hiyazake)
7. weekend-meditation "Writing and Enjoying Haiku"
11. Cormorant fishing (Ukai)
12. solar eclipse
13. Kingfisher (Kawasemi)
14. weekend-meditation "Time Travel, Ancient Japanese poetry"
18. Cockroach (Gokiburi)
20. Raspberry (Kiichigo)
21. weekend-meditation "Writing and Enjoying Haiku"
25. cool, cool evening, cool wind (Suzushi,Ryofu)
27. waiting for autumn (Aki tikashi,Aki wo matsu)
28. weekend-meditation "Writing and Enjoying Haiku"
I think it will be an awesome month full of kigo modern and ancient. Have fun ! This month.
Chèvrefeuille, your host