Friday, December 8, 2017

Carpe Diem Weekend-Meditation #10 Fibo-ku winter time


!!! Open for your submissions next Sunday December 10th at 7:00 PM (CET) !!!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What an awesome month we have. All those wonderful quotes from the novels by Paulo Coelho. I have read wonderful responses already, but I have to apologize, because I am behind with commenting on all your beautiful posts. I hope to catch up a.s.a.p.

It's almost weekend and that means time for a new CDHK weekend-meditation. This weekend I love to challenge you with a special kind of haiku-ing which I introduced a few years ago here at CDHK and at our CDHK Specials weblog. This weekend I will challenge you to create a so called "Fibo-ku" and as the name already says it's based on the Fibonacci sequence. Let me give you a brief explanation of this special way of haiku-ing.

Logo of Carpe Diem Fibo-ku
I love to introduce a new kind of haiku to you all. It's based on the Fibonacci sequence and I think it's fun to write these new haiku-form. I have given it the name Fibo-Ku and the goal is to write a "haiku"-like verse following the Fibonacci sequence (1 + 1 = 2, 1 + 2 = 3, 2 + 3 = 5 etc.) The numbers of the Fibonacci sequence aren't numbers in this form, but syllables. So the first line has one (1) syllable and the second line also. The third line has two (2) syllables, the fourth line has three (3)  syllables, the fifth line has five syllables and so on. As I give the sequence it looks like this:

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21 and so on

I will give you an example of a Fibo-Ku titled "this summer morning "

sun
moon
star light
the breeze
this summer morning
birds singing their beautiful songs -
young sparrows playing hide and seek in the dry sand of the garden 

© Chèvrefeuille

Of course you can make this Fibo-Ku longer by using more numbers from the Fibonacci sequence, but in this example I have reached the 7th line with 13 syllables. I think it's fun to compose these Fibo-Ku and I think you all will like it ...

Winter Time (image found on Pixabay)

For the Carpe Diem Weekend-Meditation I have chosen the theme "winter time" and the goal is to create a Fibo-ku themed "winter-time"

It's a real challenge I think and I think you will need the weekend to create your Fibo-ku.

This weekend-meditation is open for your submissions next Sunday December 10th at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 17th at noon (CET). Have a great weekend full of inspiration.


1 comment: