Sunday, October 3, 2021

Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Celebrates Its 9th Anniversary, October 2021: #1849 Peace Within

 


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I tried several times to restart Carpe Diem Haiku Kai again, but every time there is something that needs my time more. This time, it were especially private things that needed my attention, but now ... I hope I really can restart CDHK. 

As you all know I started CDHK back in October 2012, so next year we will celebrate our 10th anniversary, I hope to have the possibility to create that nice anniversary. I really wouldn't have thought that CDHK would be here still after almost 10 years, but it is still here.

The last two years it wasn't possible to be very active on CDHK, we all know why, so no need to tell you again about this pandemic.

Today I hope to make a new start and I need that new start so hard. I missed creating CDHK and that made me sad and almost depressed, ofcourse with all those bad things happening at the moment around the world, you (we all) need to be strong. 

Okay ... let's go and celebrate our 9th anniversary. This month we will look back into our rich history and I hope you all will be active and again sharing your most beautiful Japanese poetry.

The above music video is of a song by Karunesh, it is titled "Peace Within" and I think we all need that peace. Here is part of our "Seven Days Before Christmas 2019" to inspire you all to create a new haiku or Tanka, or maybe some other wonderful kind of Japanese poetry.

'The Peace Within' is referring to the balance in your life which brings peace within. To me that's what haiku does. I write haiku since the late eighties and I have grown to a balanced person with a heart full of joy and love. I even think that haiku has a positive influence on my work as an oncology nurse. I am more balanced through haiku and I hope haiku does that also to you all.

gentle breeze
refreshes my troubled mind -
finally peace within
my head completely empty
through the gentle breeze

© Chèvrefeuille

Peace Within ... is what I love to wish you all during this Holiday season and let us hope that the Peace Within will become once also a Peace On Earth. We are enetering a new decade and I hope and pray that everyone and everything on Earth will get that Peace Within.

Your task? Create a new haiku inspired on the music by Karunesh. Enjoy! You can add your submission to the linking widget hidden in our logo below. This episode is NOW OPEN and will remain open until Friday October 5th 10:00 pm (CEST).


2 comments:

  1. How lovely to see you back again Kristjaan. We have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Kristjaan, wishing you a peaceful journey ahead and it will be lovely to continue to celebrate the 9th Anniversary of CDHK with many more poems to come. Thank you again for all your do. Namaste, Xenia xxx

    ReplyDelete