Sunday, May 1, 2022

Carpe Diem Haiku Kai #1361: A New Month starting off

 


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It seems that I am not capable of continueing CDHK as I wanted last month. There is always a kind of not having time enough. So I am trying it again. This new month, May 2022, I have chosen the theme "New Horizons". In this month I hope to post new CDHK episodes with a "look into the future" idea.

We are living in a world that is "on fire", not only through the war in the Ukraine, but we are also in a world that is in an endemic called Covid-19. Everywhere on this world we have to deal with this "new" illness and it gives us the opportunity to look into a new future, but what kind of future?

As you all know there are a lot of conspiracies going on and the most important is the silent threat of what is called "The New World Order" initiated by the wealthy Elite and several other worldwide institutions like the World Economic Forum, the World Health Organisation and the European Union and maybe you know a few others.

I am not a conspiracy thinker, but I have my thoughts and concerns about it. 

For today's challenge I have chosen for a so called "Crossroads-Haiku" and a "Troiku". To give you the challenge I have chosen two nice haiku written by Jane Reichhold (1937-2016), one of our best modern haiku poets.

Here are the two haiku to work with:

the night is shortened
by your letters on the pillow
here beside me

the road before us
departing clouds bright
with a rising sun

© Jane Reichhold (extracted from: A Dictionary Of Haiku (online version))

The goal is to create a new (third) haiku from these two haiku. You can fuse the actual lines of the haiku, or create a new haiku through association on the both haiku.

With that new haiku I love to challenge you to create a Troiku (more on Troiku HERE)

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will stay open until Friday May 6th 10:00 PM (CEST). Have fun! You can add your submission to the linking widget hidden in our logo below.


No comments:

Post a Comment