Thursday, April 4, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #30, Chèvrefeuille's 'Golden Tree'



Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today our first Special of this month of Carpe Diem. As promised this month the Specials are written by me, your host, because this month I will become 50 yrs of age and I am writing haiku 25 yrs, so both jubilees will be celebrated this month.

The Special for today is the next haiku:

on my weddingday
blooming with golden flowers
the Golden Rain (*)

(*) Golden Chain or Laburnum anagyroides


Golden Rain or Laburnum anagyroides

This haiku I wrote 22 years ago on my weddingday, so today is our 22th anniversary. My wife and I met in a bar and it was love on first sight. We were (and still are) deeply in love and our relationship is strong. She is by the way a Sagittarius and according to astrology Aries and Sagittarius don't fit together, but ... well I am married today for 22 years and we have wonderful kids (4 by the way, two girls and two boys) and grandkids. We can't live without eachother and that makes our marriage a strong base for the life of my kids and grandkids and of course for ourselves.

Well ... you know a little bit more about me and the ones I love ... I hope this haiku will inspire you all to write new haiku. I am looking forward to all of your entries.
This prompt will stay on 'til April 6th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next 'stop' on the Zodiac, Cancer (The Crab), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).






19 comments:

  1. Kristjaan, I have tried to do a good inspired haiku. Not so easy, but I hope you like it. I will be away for a week or so. I will not write any entries... But I will be back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! 22 years and 4 children. For years, my "number" has been 2244 and all variations so am very drawn to synchronicity of numbers. You have been writing haiku for more than two decades and me for only two months. So much to learn. Am happy to have you as teacher and guide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversaries to you--of your marriage, and of your haiku writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary. Twenty-two years is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I too will be going away for a couple weeks. I will return late April.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, awesome celebrations! Love your haiku and the flower. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!! Wishing many more years of togetherness! We completed 33 years this years, and look forward to many more years! Smiles...
    Great prompt...I have just started writing haiku--still trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tribute to your wife and family, Kristjaan! Happy Anniversary! If you write her haiku like that periodically, it's no wonder it's lasted! ;) -jody

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw on Facebook you said you were doing Lion next, but don't forget Cancer--it's on your list next (and it's my sign....)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! That's a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy HAPPY
    you deserve a wonderful life with a wonderful wife
    here's to 30 more golden years
    as a writer as well
    thanks for inspiring us Kristjaan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely! Happy anniversary, and according to moondustwriter, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary my friend. May you both continue to enjoy smiles, love and laughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! What a lovely month for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more blissful years ahead. Also many congratulations on all the wonderful haiku written till date. Keep going, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love those flowers! Happy anniversary, Kristjaan! All the happiness in the world for you and yoour family!

    ReplyDelete