- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Thursday, July 6, 2017
Carpe Diem's Writing and Enjoying Haiku #2 no rules
!!! Open for your submissions next Sunday July 9th at 7:00 PM (CET) !!!
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
Welcome at the 2nd episode of this new feature for our "weekend-meditation". Two weeks ago I started this feature and I think it was great to create it and I read several wonderful responses. Today I love to tell you a little bit more about "no rules" in haiku.
Maybe you remember what Basho once said "Now you know the rules, forget them immediately and write from the heart". Haiku has a history of rules new, gone away, returned and newly created, but this quote by Basho is still alive and kicking. Therefore I love to challenge you this time to create haiku (or tanka or other Japanese poetry form) without thinking of the rules. Think for example free as Santoka Taneda did, who didn't use the 5-7-5 onji rule, or the kigo rule. Imagine what you can do without using the rules known and unknown.
You are free to choose whatever theme you want ... just enjoy writing haiku right from your heart.
Here is an example of my own:
the sound of water
Well have fun!
This episode is open for your submissions next Sunday July 9th at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 14th at noon (CET).