Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Carpe Diem 1394 Some Kiss We Want


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Time flies when you have fun they say and that's right, but it is also right that time isnot always on our side and that, my dear Haijin, is my problem today. I had a very busy day and therefore I have only a nice poem by Rumi, the Mystical Poet, from 13th century Persia, for you today.

A wonderful poem I would say, but maybe your thoughts are different then mine. So here is the poem to work with today:

Some Kiss we want:

There is some kiss we want with 
our whole lives, the touch of

spirit on the body. Seawater
begs the pearl to break its shell.

And the lily, how passionately
it needs some wild darling! At

night, I open the window and ask
the moon to come and press its

face against mine. Breathe into
me. Close the language- door and

open the love window. The moon
won't use the door, only the window.

© Rumi (taken from: Soul of Rumi by Coleman Barks)

Seawater begs the pearl to break its shell
I dived into my archive and found a nice haiku that I wrote somewhere in 2016:

after the summer heat
raindrops are kissing my naked body
Ah! that coolness

© Chèvrefeuille

It's not inspired on the above poem, but it fits it like a glove.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until March 28th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, another nice poem by Rumi to inspire you, later on. For now ... have fun !


No comments:

Post a Comment