Monday, March 19, 2018

Carpe Diem Crossroads #2 the summer moon


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I was flabbergasted as I read all of your responses on this new feature "Crossroads" in which I challenge you to create (only) haiku inspired on two or more given haiku (sometimes a "normal" poem, a sedoka or a tanka). A kind of "fusion" haiku so to say. So I think I will try to make this feature a weekly one. So this week I have another nice challenge for you.

This week I have chosen two beauties by two very different haiku poets from the past. The first haiku is by Kobayashi Issa:

a thousand gallons
shower from the eaves...
cherry blossoms

© Issa

Statue of Chiyo-Ni

And here is another one, but this time written by Chiyo-Ni:

it touches the line
of my fishing pole -
this summer moon 

© Chiyo-Ni

Two wonderful haiku to work with I think. I will give it a thought, but that doen't mean that you all have to wait. More about "crossroads" you can find HERE.

This episode of "Crossroads" is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until Monday March 26th at 7:00 PM (CET). Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment