Thursday, January 24, 2019

Carpe Diem #1592 Storm


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Winter one of the most rare seasons I think. There is so much happening in winter and sometimes winter brings us stormy weather ... Today I have chosen a nice modern kigo from Jane's "A Dictionary of Haiku" ... storm.

Jane has written several haiku inspired on this theme and I love to share a few of her beauties with you all here at CDHK.

after the snowstorm
new paths to old places
the skies clear

after the snowstorm
only wood smoke drifts
into the clearing

storm clouds of winter (photo© Duncan Shaw)

storm clouds
forcing the sun to set
far out to sea

winter storms
wrapping around the house
the ocean's roar

© Jane Reichhold (extracted from "A Dictionary of Haiku", section winter, sub-section celestial)

And here is my humble attempt to create a haiku (or senryu?) with this modern kigo:

roaring sound
storm embraces my home
we cuddle up

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 31st at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new weekend-meditation later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment