- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem Lecture 2
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Monday, August 12, 2019
Carpe Diem #1723 Honeysuckle
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
Welcome at a new episode in our wonderful month in which we are creating a bouquet of wild flowers and today I have chosen the flower from which I took my "nom de plume" ... the Honeysuckle.
As a haiku poet I use a "haigo" or "penname" and as you know my "haigo" is Chèvrefeuille (French for Honeysuckle). I am a Dutch haiku poet and I write almost all my haiku in English. I even find it very difficult to create haiku in my own language, Dutch. Sometimes I even think in English and that's sometimes, e.g. at work, a "pain in the a..", but I cannot help it.
For today's prompt I have chosen a haiku in which my "haigo" is used.
lingers in the warm summer night
And here is an oldie from my archives:
searching my inner self
following the way of Honeysuckle
path of wisdom*
* Honeysuckle, in her spiritual meaning is the path of wisdom to find your inner self.
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 19th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode later on. For now ... have fun!