Thursday, January 9, 2020

Carpe Diem 1795 New Beginnings ... Rainbow


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of wonderful Kai. This month I have themed "new beginnings", so all prompts have to do with new beginnings. Today I have chosen the prompt "rainbow", but what has the rainbow to do with new beginnings? Let me explain that to you all, but maybe you have an idea yourself.

The Rainbow was a sign of God, after the flood He promised Noah that He never would send a flood again to destroy all life. So in that context ... the "rainbow" is also a new beginning. This promise to Noah you can find in Genesis Chapter 9 verses 13 to 16:

13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” (New International Version)

rainbow
Here is one from my archives:

the little child sobs
'I want to cross it' -
the rainbow bridge

© Chèvrefeuille

And here is a new one:

promises
no more destroying
peace will come


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 16th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode later on.


1 comment:

  1. A prayer in a haiku. May you continue to adjust to the new normal with your mother. Sending love and prayers for you both.

    ReplyDelete