Saturday, January 25, 2020

Carpe Diem Weekend Meditation #113 Troiku Hineri ... at dawn


!! Open for your submissions Sunday January 26th at 7:00 PM (CET) !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

The last days were very busy, so I couldn't publish or regular Friday episode and a bit late with the Weekend Meditation. My excuses for it.

This weekend I love to challenge you to create a Troiku Hineri. What doea it mean? I will give you a haiku. With that haiku you create a Troiku. Than you have three new haiku. The Hineri (with a twist) is that I love to challenge you to create with those three new haiku NINE new haiku following the Troiku idea, so you have to create three new haiku from every haiku you created from the given haiku.



I have chosen one of the first haiku by Yozakura, the Unknown Haiku Poet. Here is his first haiku to work with:

yoake ni arau tsuyude watashino ashisaichoubi

at dawn
I wash my feet with dew
the longest day

© Yozakura (1640-1716)

A nice challenge I think for this weekend. Have an awesome weekend!

This Weekend Meditation is open for your submissions next Sunday January 26th at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until February 2nd at noon (CET).


1 comment:

  1. I missed this while I was away from home travelling. But what a beautiful idea! I am hoping to get a chance to try it soon, or something like it.

    ReplyDelete