Thursday, August 28, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #104, Jim Kacian's 5th "harvest dusk"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This Carpe Diem month is running to it's end and today we have our 5th (and last) haiku written by our featured haiku-poet, Jim Kacian, for your inspiration. He has written wonderful haiku as we have seen this month and I hope you all have enjoyed it and of course I hope that I have given you all a image of Jim and his haiku-passion.
I will thank Jim Kacian that I had the possibility to use his haiku for this month and I hope that I can use more haiku written by him in the future. Thanks Jim ... you're the best.

harvest dusk--
sitting in the wheelbarrow
with the potatoes

©  Jim Kacian

A memorable haiku: one that offers more than a whimsical irony. It may be day's end, and a tired worker needs to ‘sit a spell’ or perhaps a sleepy child is getting a ride home! Whatever the interpretation, an aura of oneness is suggested in the nexus between the land, toil, and our survival. It is a stunning and even painterly image, reminiscent of Van Gogh's early work depicting peasant life.

Isn't it a wonderful haiku? I found this one at the website of the Haiku International Association (HIA) and you can find it HERE
Now it's up to you to write/compose an all new haiku inspired on the one by Kacian and in the same sense, tone and spirit as that haiku. Here is my attempt:

eating potatoes
together with my family
on the porch

on the porch
after a good dinner, - at sunset
the song of birds

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you did like this post and I hope it will inspire you to write haiku. This was our last haiku by Jim Kacian ... it was a great journey.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and it will remain open until August 31st at noon (CET). I will post our next episode, dreams, later on.


4 comments:

  1. Yours was so beautiful so I can't top them.. I go ugly and gritty today instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very peaceful haiku - a real sense of calmness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your series...very inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A normal year of harvest is full of celebrations with hay rides and cookouts. This year in the Central Valley of California there is nothing to celebrate. I'm not sure how many of my friends in agriculture are still in business.

    ReplyDelete