Friday, October 23, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #177 Cor van den Heuvel's "a tide pool", three favorite haiku.


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's my pleasure to bring another CD Special with my three favorite haiku by Cor van den Heuvel. He has written a lot of haiku and it's for sure not easy to choose from his oeuvre, but I succeeded to choose three favorite haiku of Cor van den Heuvel and I love to share them here with you. Of course these are just my favorite at this moment, because these haiku I ran into while preparing this awesome third anniversary month.

Here are the three favorites:

November evening
the wind from a passing truck
ripples a roadside puddle


Roadside puddle
the sun goes down
my shovel strikes a spark
from the dark earth

a tide pool
in a clam shell
the evening sunlight

© Cor van den Heuvel

Three wonderful haiku I think. I like them that much that I don't even dare to write an all new haiku inspired on these beauties, but ... well that's of course our goal with this CD Special. So I have tried it and I hope it did work as I had hoped.

I tried to write an all new haiku by using the first line of the second haiku "the sun goes down" and used the baransu style to compose this one:

the sun goes down
spots of light sparkle in the waterfall
a timeless gift


© Chèvrefeuille

Awesome! A beauty (how immodest).

For this CD Special I love to ask you to write an all new haiku inspired on your favorite haiku by Cor van den Heuvel. Of course you may use the haiku I gave here, but that's up to you. If you choose another favorite haiku by Cor van den Heuvel? Please share your thoughts with us why you have chosen that specific haiku. Have fun!

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 26th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Hiroshima Lantern Ceremony, later on.


3 comments:

  1. "a timeless gift" - so beautiful haiku !

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a tide pool" - enchanting haiku. Thanks, Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timeless indeed :)
    Can't decide which haiku I enjoy the most --- wow.

    ReplyDelete