- Carpe Diem's Renga Party 1 "In The Twilight
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Carpe Diem Tanka Splendor #12 Romance
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
My apologies for posting our episode of today later than planned. I had a busy week at work and hadn't time to create our post.
This month it is all about Tanka Splendor (title taken from the online magazine Tanka Splendor by Jane reichhold) and the Ten Tanka Writing Techniques by Teika. Tomorrow we will explore the fifth Tanka Writing Technique, but today I only will share the prompt for today romance.
As I told you in our earlier episodes Tanka (derived from waka) is a kind of love poem, our love letter, shared between secret lovers. So tanka is meant to be for love and our prompt for today fits that like a glove.
Today I love to inspire you with an image to create a tanka about romance.
Here is my attempt to create a tanka with our prompt for today:
queen of flowers
saying "I love you"
a bouquet of roses
wrapped in a love poem
full of everlasting love
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 17th at noon (CET). I will publish our next episode, the fifth Tanka Writing Technique by Teika, later on.