Monday, June 5, 2017

Carpe Diem #1201 Campanula (Blue Bell)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today I have another nice prompt for you, but because of lack of time I have chosen to chellenge you just with an image of the Blue Bell (or Campanula).

I found a nice haiku that fits this episode like a glove. I don't know who the poet is, but I give the credit to the weblog were I found it.

Travelling plants take
Roads up and down our mountains
No legs, yet still fast
And I found another beauty written by Bob Heffill that I love to share here too:

Campanula and primrose
Jewels around the peaks. Summer
On Daisetsuzan
Campanula (Blue Bell) (Imge found on Pinterest)
Another nicely created haiku themed Campanula is the following by Edward L. Tisch (1937-2007) and published on the website of the UBC Botanical Garden:

The entire sky
Leans in all directions
Trying to match your blue.
And here a last example of a haiku themed Campanula. I don't know the name of this poet, but you can find her/his weblog HERE:
Bellflower clusters
ring silent chimes, calling bees
to honeyed nectar.

Campanula (Image found on Pinterest)

Well I hope you did like this short episode and I hope I have inspired you.
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until June 10th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Corydalis, later on.


3 comments: