Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Tan Renga Wednesday (5) White Crane



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's Wednesday again, so time for a new episode of "Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Wednesday", that special feature in which I challenge you to complete a Tan Renga inspired on a given haiku.
This week I have chosen a haiku by Kikaku, a contemporary and disciple of Matsuo Basho. Kikaku was one of Basho's favorite 10 disciples (students) and he was a very gifted haiku poet too. He wrote wonderful haiku, all in the way as been taught by Basho.




The haiku I have chosen written by Kikaku is one of his most beautiful haiku in my opinion. He wrote it to comfort Basho in his last days of his life:

how I wish to call
a white crane from Fukei,
but for this cold rain.

© Kikaku

And now it is up to you to complete this Tan Renga by adding your two lined stanza (approx. 7-7 syllables) and share it with us all.

This Tan Renga Wednesday is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 19th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on. For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment