Sunday, April 23, 2017

Carpe Diem #1195 (Theme Week 1) Andromeda flowers (or Ashibi/Asebi no hana)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the first episode of our April Theme Week. As you all know this month it is all about classical kigo (seasonwords) and this Theme Week will not be that different the only difference is that in this Theme Week I have all plants for classical kigo. Today is our first one Andromeda Flowers, and later this week we will have: Akebia blossom, Butterbur and last but not least Acanthopanax. All these plants/flowers are classical kigo for spring and ... I had never heard of these plants/flowers.

Andromeda Flowers
Look at this beautiful flower isn't it awesome? It looks like a waterfall of flowers in a nice color, so fragile and beautiful. The Andromeda Flowers are often used in bridal bouquets, because of their color, mostly white. So the Andromeda flowers (Pieris Japonica) means virginity, purity and fertility and that fertility you can see in the richness of the flowers and maybe it is also a flower for prosperity.

A lot to cope with I think, but now ... can I create a "classical" haiku (or tanka) with this kigo? Let me give it a try.

sweet perfume
arouses my senses
Andromeda flowers
a waterfall of flowers and color
making love this spring night

© Chèvrefeuille

Not as strong as I had hoped, but well I have  given it a try.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until April 28th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Akebia blossom, later on. For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment