Friday, November 17, 2017

Carpe Diem Weekend-Meditation #7 Tan Renga Challenge "the last colorful leaves"


!! Open for your submissions Sunday November 19th at 7:00 PM (CET) !!!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new weekend-meditation here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, the place to be if you like to write and share Japanese poetry.

This weekend I love to challenge you with Tan Renga, that nice tanka-like poem created by two poets. The goal is to write the second stanza towards a given haiku, to create a Tan Renga. This weekend however I have one with a twist for you too.

For the first Tan Renga I will give you the first stanza (the haiku), a haiku by Matsuo Basho:

deep silence
the shrill of cicadas
seeps into rocks

© Matsuo Bashō (1644-1694)


But for the second Tan Renga I will give you the second stanza of two lines, to this Tan Renga you have to create the first stanza, the haiku. Here is the 2nd stanza for the second Tan Renga:

soft winter breeze cherishes
the last colorful leaves   

© Chèvrefeuille

So let me give you a brief explanation for this weekend-meditation. The goal is to complete two Tan Renga. One by completing the first stanza with a second stanza and the other Tan Renga you have to complete by putting the first stanza of three (3) lines towards it.



To conclude this episode I have an announcement to make:

Today starts the My Haiku Pond Academy Contest Troiku, I will be the Judge of this contest. You can find this CONTEST HERE.

This weekend-meditation is open for your submissions next Sunday November 19th at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until November 26th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode around 7:00 PM (CET) next Sunday. For now ... have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Chèvrefeuille, for the second one, does that mean a haiku of 3 lines only- or do you need me to add an extra line above the two you submitted? ( ie total of 5 or 6 lines?)
    Thanks😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to create the first stanza (three lines, the haiku) to complete the second Tan Renga. Both Tan renga have to be completed. The first by adding the two lined stanza, the second by adding the first three lined stanza.
      Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I've been so busy lately and almost missed this contest of my favourite form! :)

    ReplyDelete