Friday, July 20, 2018

Carpe Diem Weekend Meditation #42 Gaia Goddess Of Earth (new feature)


!! Open for your submissions next Sunday July 22nd at 7:00 PM (CEST) !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new Carpe Diem Weekend Meditation, our special feature for the weekend in which you have time to meditate and contemplate before you can submit your inspirational works. As I said in our earlier post today I hadn't yet decided which feature for the weekend meditation I would use. I couldn't decide or make a choice, because we have so much different features here at CDHK. So I thought "maybe I can create a new feature for the weekend meditation" ... And I did of course that last idea.

This afternoon I read a wonderful article about Druidry and that triggered my inspiration and imagination. Haiku ... the poetry of nature, needs a new "boost" here at our wonderful Haiku Kai. So I decided to create a new special feature. I "baptized" it ... Gaia Goddess Of Earth. Gaia is another name for Mother Nature and I think She can inspire us to create haiku as it is meant to be ... a poem of nature.

credits logo
Let me start with a "mantra" that is used by the druids as they are celebrating every full moon:

Deep within the still centre of my being
may I find peace.
Silently within the quiet of the grove
may I share peace.
Gently within the greater circle of humankind
may I radiate peace.


As I read this "mantra" I was immediately caught by its strength, its beauty, its complexity and its simplicity. Those feelings are the same as the ones I sense as I am creating haiku. And that's the goal of this new feature: Try to catch the beauty, the strength, the complexity and the simplicity of nature in your haiku or tanka.

For this first episode of this new weekend meditation feature I don't give you a prompt, because I love to challenge you to walk through your neighborhood and find the prompt, the theme, of this new feature. Maybe to help us, your readers, to relate to your poem, you can share a photo of the "source" of your inspiration.

I will give you an example of the above task:

© Chèvrefeuille
Well ... I hope you all do like this new feature for our weekend meditation. Have a wonderful weekend!

This episode is open for your submissions next Sunday July 22nd at 7:00 PM (CEST) and will remain open until July 29th at noon (CEST). Have fun ... be inspired!


1 comment:

  1. this mantra, this Druid's mantra, is haunting ... I can't shake it ... it's been days and days ... thank you

    ReplyDelete