Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Carpe Diem #1614 Tan Renga Challenge Month 2019 (18) free styling


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

My apologies for being late, but I had visitors. Today I thought to give you another way of the Tan Renga Challenge ... that's why this episode is called "free-styling". Today I love to challenge you to use a haiku of your own choice, that can be a haiku written by a classical or non-classical haiku poet, but not one of yourself, and create a Tan Renga with the haiku of your choice.

Of course I love to hear why you did choose the haiku you are using, but that's not neccessary. To give you an idea I will give you my choice:

I have chosen a haiku by my master, Basho, it's not a well known haiku but I think it's a beauty. He wrote this haiku halfway his life and maybe you know it:

fragile twigs
breaking off the scarlet papers
autumn winds

© Basho (Tr. Jane Reichhold)

And here is my second stanza to complete this Tan Renga:

finally the darkness has gone
cherry blossoms bloom again


© Chèvrefeuille



As I tie these two stanza together it will give a wonderful Tan Renga. By the way this haiku was one of the first haiku which I tried to revisit ... it's something I love doing. I try to create a haiku inspired on a haiku trying to catch the same tone and sense as in the original.

fragile twigs
breaking off the scarlet papers
autumn winds 
                              © Basho
finally the darkness has gone
cherry blossoms bloom again
        © Chèvrefeuille

Well ... into free styling? Than go for it.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until March 4th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on (and on time I hope).


No comments:

Post a Comment