Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Carpe Diem #1600 Tan Renga Challenge Month 2019 (4) cold wintry wind


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new milestone here at CDHK. Today I have the 1600th regular episode for you and I think that's awesome. As I started CDHK back in 2012 I couldn't have dreamed that there would be 1600 regular episodes of our wonderful Kai, but we did it. It is not only my milestone it's also your milestone. Without you I couldn't make CDHK. Thank you all for being part of CDHK's haiku loving family.

Arigatou (Thank You)
This month it is Tan Renga Challenge Month and I love creating this minth, because Tan Renga we make together, as we do all the time here at CDHK, but Tan Renga is a real nice way to create together.

Yesterday I had a wonderful haiku by Ken Gierke and I hope it inspired you in an awesome way. Today I have chosen to challenge you with a classical haiku by Natsume Soseki:

the cold wintry wind
is blowing so hard that
the sun sinks into the ocean

© Soseki

More about him you can find in our CDHK library. I created an exclusive CDHK E-book about him titled "Magnolia Blossom" back in 2016 (?).

the sun sinks into the ocean (image found on Pinterest)

The above haiku is a real beauty in my opinion and I think it can become a nice Tan Renga. Here is my attempt:

the cold wintry wind
is blowing so hard that
the sun sinks into the ocean 
              © Soseki

awakens the silvery moon
to give light to the world 
                   © Chèvrefeuille

Wow ... I think this Tan Renga is a beauty (how immodest). I like it very much. And now it is up to you to create your Tan Renga by adding your two lined stanza.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until February 12th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kristjaan, on this 1600 post milestone!! We appreciate you, our gracious host :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynn__ it's not only my merit ... without you all, my beloved CDHK Family members, I couldn't make CDHK. So thank you so much for your appreciation and participation.

    ReplyDelete