Monday, December 2, 2019

Carpe Diem #1790 & #1791 (double episode)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the first episode of a new month of CDHK. As I told you in an earlier post, a preview, December is also about "Never Change A Winning Team" ... so it's all about haiku, still my first love, this month too.

During circumstances I hadn't the opportunity to publish earlier, so today I have a double episode. Every episode has its own title and linking widget.

Ofcourse this month I will do, as is tradiotnal at CDHK, our special feature "Seven Days Before Christmas".

A Lovely Sunset (photo © Hernan Pauccara)

#1790 A Lovely Sunset

For this episode I love to challenge you to "revise" a haiku. That haiku is one by Matsuo Basho (1644-1694), the haiku-poet that I see as my master:

in the twilight rain
these brilliant-hued hibiscus -
a lovely sunset.

© Basho

A wonderful haiku by the master.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 8th at noon (CET). Have fun!




#1791 Soliloquy No Renga

The second episode I love to challenge you with is a Soliloquy No Renga, or a solo-renga. I will give you a haiku that you have to use as the starting verse (hokku) of your Soliloquy No Renga. For this kind of Renga you have to create at least a renga with six stanza and a maximum of twelve stanza. Your closing verse (ageku) has to close the "chain".


Bare Branches (photo© Floraandfauna(2)

Here is your starting verse (hokku):

I have chosen a haiku by Yozakura, the Unknown Haiku Poet, a beauty I think to work with.

bare branches
a painting against the blue sky
leaves under my feet

© Yozakura

With this haiku you have to start your Soliloquy No Renga.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions until December 9th at noon (CET). Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment