Thursday, December 19, 2019

Carpe Diem's Seven Days Before Christmas 2019 (1) Peace Within


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the first episode of our traditional feature "Seven Days Before Christmas" 2019. It has been a while that I published here during circumstances with my mom. At the moment her dementia looks stable, but she gives me still worries. Because of her behaviour, she sometimes goes outside in the middle of the night, I have slept at her home to give her a feeling of safety. I have now been at her home almost a week and it looks like she starts "to accept" that she will become more and more demented ... I had the possibility to leave her alone in her home with good care by nurses. So it gives me a kind of freedom or to connect with our theme for this first episode of "Seven Days Before Christmas", peace within.

 'The Peace Within' is referring to the balance in your life which brings peace within. To me that's what haiku does. I write haiku since the late eighties and I have grown to a balanced person with a heart full of joy and love. I even think that haiku has a positive influence on my work as an oncology nurse. I am more balanced through haiku and I hope haiku does that also to you all.


gentle breeze
refreshes my troubled mind -
finally peace within
my head completely empty
through the gentle breeze

© Chèvrefeuille


Peace Within ... is what I love to wish you all during this Holiday season and let us hope that the Peace Within will become once also a Peace On Earth. We are enetering a new decade and I hope and pray that everyone and everything on Earth will get that Peace Within.

To conclude this first episode of our traditional Holiday season feature "Seven Days Before Christmas" I love to share a wonderful music composition by one of my favorite composers, Karunesh.




This first episode of "Seven Days Before Christmas 2019" is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 24th at noon (CET). Have fun!


3 comments:

  1. Wishing Peace Within to everyone who is a part of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.
    .
    Valentina Ranaldi-Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haiku is a form of meditation for me. Traditional meditation tends not to work well as I have ADD. Haiku helps me focus and reflect. These prompts are truly a gift. Wishing peace to you and your family, and to the nurses who are helping you.

    ReplyDelete