Thursday, December 12, 2019

Carpe Diem Extra December 12th 2019 An update on my mom


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I love to give you all an update on the health of my mom. You all are so supportive and loving. I am glad that you all understand that my mom is more important now than our Haiku Kai. It makes me sad that I had to make this decision, but ... well taking care of mother takes all my time.
I am also happy that my co-workers at the nursing home where I am working, were so kind to take my shifts. That gave me the possibility to take care of mom 24/7 while she is waiting for a room in the nursing home.

My mom's dementia is progressive, she recently left her home in the middle of the night searching for my brother and my dad and couldn't find them (both are deceased), but she couldn't find her way back to home also.

lost in her thoughts
she searches for the dead
between the living


© Chèvrefeuille, your host

PS. I will try to create our special feature "Seven Days Before Christmas" ... it has become a tradition here at CDHK.


7 comments:

  1. Hi, I hope a spot at the nursing home opens soon for your mother. Thank-you for the update.

    Peace now and always,
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kristjaan, I was so occupied with the real life during the last year that I absolutely distanced myself from writing. I came here after so long time and I'm so sorry to read this. I can only imagine what you are going through and how you are feeling. Please, take care of yourself as well. I hope you'll find a strength in this hard situation. Best regards, Sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The haiku says it all.  So sad and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for updating us. My thoughts are with you. It's hard watching a loved one decline this way. I may have mentioned that my dad was a college professor. To watch him read the same lines from a catalog over and over again and his confusion leading him to believe that things happening during a TV program were reality was heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is so difficult for you. Sending you love and light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you, Kristjaan. My husband is showing signs already, and has been diagnosed.

    ReplyDelete