Saturday, December 29, 2012

Carpe Diem Special #14, Ancient Road



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our Carpe Diem month of classical Japanese kigo is always ready. Today on December 30th we have our last Special of this month and of course of Buson. I have hosted this daily meme with a lot of pleasure and joy. And I am almost ready with our new list of daily prompts for our next month.

Today the following haiku by Buson, which he wrote in 1782, is our Special for today. The haiku is meant to be a source of inspiration. So be inspired and creative and share your haiku with Carpe Diem.

furumichito kikeba yukashiki yukino shita

"An ancient road," they say
How charming
Though beneath this snow.



Buson's Grave

This prompt will stay on 'till December 31 th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will publish our last episode of 2012 later on today around 10.00 PM (CET), that will be 'Narcissus'.

By the way: I am a bit behind with reading your posts and comment them ... I hope to catch up the next days. So don't be dissapaointed when I haven't visit your post already.


6 comments:

  1. I am not able to submit my poem :-(

    http://livinglifegreenspeck.blogspot.in/2012/12/ancient-road.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely prompt! Can't wait to read all these haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the haiku ...beneath the snow ~ lovely line ~ well penned ~ ^_^

    (A Creative Harbor aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry if you cannot catch up. These last days of the year seem shorter than the rest.
    Very nice haiku you have chosen for today's special, thanks!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this prompt! It's my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this prompt, I have posted here but can't see it. Here is the link
    http://planetcyberluz.com/2012/09/09/silk-route/

    ReplyDelete