Friday, January 18, 2013

Carpe Diem #98, circus



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am so sorry that I am (again) late with posting our new episode, but I had a busy evening shift at the hospital so I hadn't time to prepare our new episode. We are on our way to our 100th episode and that will be a milestone for us all. I hadn't thought that this daily haiku meme would be a success.
Today we share on circus a wonderful kind of entertainment for every one I think. For this episode I have chosen for a video of Cirque du Soleil for our inspiration. I love Cirque du Soleil and I think they are the world's best circus.




Really this is a wonderful new trailer of Alegria (January 2011). A nice overview of all kinds of circus acts in this nice show 'Alegria'.


trapeze workers
high above the screaming crowd
flying humans

flying humans
chasing their dreams to fly like birds -
no more limits



Have fun! Be inspired and creative and share your wonderful haiku with us here on Carpe Diem. I am looking forward to your posts.

This prompt will stay on 'till January 19th 11.59 AM (CET) and I hope to publish our new episode of Carpe Diem later on today around 10.00 PM (CET). I am in the nightshift, so I can't guarantee that I will be able to post around that time. So please ... if that's happening ... forgive me. Our new prompt for January 19th will be love story.



6 comments:

  1. Cirque du Soleil fascinates me! Wish I could see them for real! But tickets are expensive! But I have some music based on their show - Saltimbanco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the prompt Kristjaan

    ReplyDelete
  3. More lovely cascading haiku ~ paints wonderful images of circus ~

    (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more limits indeed - wonderful words Kristjaan!
    I should confess, I really don;t like circuses...but I found oone I could comment on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cirque du Soleil and have seen performances in Florida, Las Vegas, and Boston! Absolutely amazing!
    And, K, I am thrilled that Carpe Diem is so successful and has created a wonderfully loyal group of 'haibun'....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to fly through the air when I was younger --- amazing courage and trust needed to do so! Thank you for continuing to host this meme.

    ReplyDelete