Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #72, Alexey Andreyev's 3rd



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's a pleasure to share the 3rd haiku by our featured haiku-poet of this month, Alexey Andreyev. The goal of this Carpe Diem Special is to write a new haiku inspired on the one given, but it has to be in the same tone, sense and spirit. So this is a challenge. I have done this frequently on my "Basho Revisited" weblog (http://bashorevisited.blogspot.com) and loved doing it.
Here is the haiku by Alexey for your inspiration:

first snowflakes!
I love them too much to think
they'll melt by noon


(c) Alexey Andreyev

I can see this in front of my eyes and I can feel what Alexey felt as he wrote this haiku. Fresh fallen snow is such a beautiful sight, but the virginity of the fresh snow will soon be gone. I remember last year's early winter ... snow was falling gently the whole night. That morning the snow was untouched ... there came a big smile on my face, feeling a child again, and I stepped outside on bare feet ... awesome .... I think you almost can see how much joy that brought ...I had to use that scenery for my new haiku inspired on the one by Alexey.

Fresh Snow


virgin snow field
stepping into it like a child
bare footed


(c) Chèvrefeuille

Now it's up to you to write a new haiku inspired on the one by Alexey. Had to write another one ... sorry ...

snow falls gently
laying a virgin blanket on Earth -
gone in a eye-blink


(c) Chèvrefeuille

This Special episode will be open for your submissions until January 16th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, going further in to the inland of the Soviet Union, ......... , later on today. !! This Special is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) !!


10 comments:

  1. Kristjaan, yours are visually and emotionally so beautiful I must admit they inspired me more than the haiku of A.Andreyev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't link up today; however; i'm keeping in touch, best wishes on your journey

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ese. Your haiku was superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very picturesque and beautiful haiku.
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with the rest. Your haiku is refreshing. Not joining you in this but enjoying reading the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautifully written haiku! I especially liked your first haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i cannot imagine walking bare foot into the snow, Kristjaan. oh, my! lovely haiku, both of them. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walk very often on bare feet, I dislike shoes, so I am walking on slippers or on bare feet and to me it doesn't matter if there is snow or rain. I once have written a haibun about walking on bare feet in the snow. That haibun you can find at: http://chevrefeuilleshaibun.blogspot.nl/2012/02/on-bare-feet-haibun.html

      Delete
  8. I guess I arrived at this a bit late. Sigh.

    http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/diamond-dots/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These specials are indeed a popular one!

    ReplyDelete