Friday, January 24, 2014

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #28, "a silent cry"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This week's Tan Renga Challenge I have chosen for one of my own, very recent, haiku to start the Tan Renga with. This haiku was published early this week in response of our first encounter with the Siberian shaman in ''Aleph''. And I think it will inspire you all very much to write a continuation or completion towards it. (By the way I have asked several haijin if I may use their haiku for this Tan Renga Challenge, but I haven't noted them. So please if you were ask for let me know it in the comment-field of this episode.)

Here is the haiku which is the starting of this week's Tan Renga Challenge:

flight of the eagle
stepping into the world of dreams -
a silent cry

(c) Chèvrefeuille

flight of the eagle

The goal of this Tan Renga Challenge is to write a second stanza of 7-7 (no obligation) towards the first stanza to make the Tan Renga complete. Have fun, be inspired and share.
This CD Tan Renga Challenge will be open for your submissions until January 31th 11.59 AM (CET) and is NOW OPEN.




6 comments:

  1. This is an amazing haiku, I remember it. It is also spiritual and I can see the link to haiku in the Amur post. I very much see a new genre of haiku with shamanistic influence being born from you today - very, very much. For me it is very exciting. It feels like a totally new genre, sometimes with a shaman explicably mentioned in the haiku, or his her drum, or dance, or sometimes by a 'shaman' word - here it is obvious, especially that the cry is silent, or silent to us at least. But here also the reader is the eage momentarily, and I see this as a very strong feature of this shamanistic haiku you have invented. The reader is no longer the appreciate audience, who reads, understands, meditates over the haiku. Instead the reader 'is' the haiku. He or she is involved. And as the haiku has the shaman element, which is the journey, then the reader momentarily is on that journey. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome haiku, Kris! You make me fly with the eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. packed with meaning and beauty Kristjaan. You are an inspired poet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristjaan, I like this. And to your other point, you asked me recently if you could use one of mine for the Tan Renga and I said yes. If you want me to tell you which one I can check in my comments, but for the record, you may always use my haiku for this--you always give us credit, and that's all I need. Besides, I love to support the community and see what people do with the haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a wonderful haiku. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'd asked about one of mine

    ReplyDelete