Saturday, July 19, 2014

Carpe Diem #519 Chiyo-Ni (4), ''that is all there is ...'' (in loving memory of the passengers of the Malaysian Airplane attack)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

While The Netherlands are having again a very hot summer day I have to write a new episode for our haiku-community. And this time I love to share a haiku by Chiyo-Ni and I hope it will also be a tribute to our fellow Dutch people who have died in the recently plane-attack in the Ukraine air. An airplane of Malaysian Airlines was shot down by some aggresively people who are fighting about a piece of land.
In this plane there were 192 Dutch people, all have died .... it was a very sad day in our history ... our whole country is in mourn ... and are all hoping that there will be clearification for what has happened there. My thoughts are with all those who stay behind with empty hands and the loss of their loved ones. Rest In Peace.

I hope this haiku I have chosen for today's episode will give words to my feelings and that it will give some comfort to those who are left behind ....

cool clear water
and fireflies that vanish
that is all there is...

© Chiyo-Ni

Credits: Dew Drops
The goal is to write a new haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one given by Chiyo-Ni ... can I write/compose a new haiku?

lost lives
leaving just tears -
morning dew

© Chèvrefeuille

It wasn't easy to write this haiku ... my heart is in mourn ... and tears rolling over my cheeks ... there is only one question which remains ... Why?

This episode is NOW ALREADY OPEN to give you all room to write your haiku in tribute to those who lost their lives in the recent airplane-attack ................... This episode will close for your submissions July 22nd at noon (CET)

silent witness
between the pieces
a flower blooms


5 comments:

  1. A very fitting tribute, Kristjaan. It is an honour to be able to join you with these thoughts on the innocents who lost their lives so needlessly and savagely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The downing of this plane is truly a terrible tragedy, and I hope the perpetrators are found and brought to justice. Sending comfort to all who lost loved ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To all the families that remain, may the memories of your lost ones become blessings -
    May those souls become brilliant stars to shine the way for us who remain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I possibly can, Kristjaan, I am sending thoughts of healing and comfort to you and to your nation. Such a senseless, horrible tragedy. Your haiku are a touching tribute to those who lost their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fitting homeage, Kristjaan. The world is in shock and I cannot imagine how the families and friends are managing in this chaos and grief. Blessings

    ReplyDelete