Saturday, June 25, 2016

Carpe Diem Utabukuro #12


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's my pleasure to bring to you a new episode of our special CD feature "Utabukuro" (or "poembag"). Let me tell you the goal of this special feature first:

The goal of this CDHK feature is not difficult, because I just ask you to share a haiku or tanka which you admire. That haiku or tanka can be one of a classical or non-classical haiku poet or one by you. You can choose whatever you like, but it has to be a haiku or tanka. Maybe the haiku brings you sweet (or sad) memories or you just like it. Explain why you have chosen that haiku or tanka to share here "in" CDHK's Utabukuro, poem bag and ... that's the second task for this feature, write/compose an all new haiku inspired on the one you have chosen.
For this episode I dived into my archives (built from 1988) and choose a haiku which I once have written myself for Wonder Haiku Worlds.

This haiku I wrote in 2006, it was a first try to write in the free style as Santoka Taneda did. (I also will give the Dutch translation):


silence
petals of cherry blossoms fall
so quiet

stilte
kersenbloesem valt

zo sereen
© Chèvrefeuille

Recently I wrote a few haiku for the haiku-contest of the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival, which I (of course) cannot re-publish here, because the judging is still going on, and the haiku I submitted for this contest cannot be published earlier.

As you all know cherry blossoms are one of my favorite themes to write haiku about. So to fulfill the goal of this feature I love to share an all new haiku on Cherry Blossoms.

departing
cherry blossom petals fall
without sound
© Chèvrefeuille
And now it is up to you. Share your favorite haiku with us all and try to create an all new haiku inspired on your choice haiku.
This episode is open for your submissions at noon (CET) and will remain open until next Saturday July 2nd at noon (CET). Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting, I was told by a woman today that Japanese cherry blossoms do not wilt or go bad before they fall off a tree, and they are the only flower or blossom that does not. I found that very interesting, and gives more even to your haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting what, Hamish shared. I remember viewing a TV documentary which showed us what falls is the petals not whole flowers.

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carpe Diem Utabukuro # 12 :

    light rain
    netting silver
    brambles Jim Norton

    matted grass
    rain dripping
    from a rabbit's ear Joyce Lorenson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce a fine pairing with such excellent visuals

      Delete
  4. inspired by your cherry blossoms - they go hand in hand with haiku for me.
    A fine poem bag...

    ReplyDelete