- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Monday, November 12, 2012
Carpe Diem #43, hero
Another new day in our Carpe Diem Journey or as you wish our adventure. Today our prompt is hero. Do you have a hero?
My hero is Mahatma Gandhi ... he fought against the English ruler in India without violence. He fought out of courage and unconditional love for everyone ... he is well known for the so called 'salt walk'. An event that he organised in India to ask attention for the need of salt. The Indian people of low ranked castes couldn't pay for salt. Gandhi walked with the low castes people to the salt plates to get their salt. The British rulers didn't accepted that and caught him and thrown him in jail. Unless that Gandhi never used violence.
Back to today's prompt hero ... who is your hero?
fighter for freedom
I once have written an essay about him and published that in monthly magazine. He is really my hero ... as there are more ... Basho for sure, Martin Luther King and Obama.
This prompt will stay on 'till November 14th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new prompt still life around 10.00 PM (CET) today.
Have fun, enkoy writing your haiku on hero. Be creative ...