Friday, May 8, 2015

Carpe Diem #725, white blossoms


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to go on the trail with Basho, the traveling haiku poet, walking were he has walked and wrote is haiku and haibun. And today we are following him in his footsteps as he visits the mountain villa of Mitsui Shufu at Narutaki Plum Grove in Kyoto region.

This haiku comes from "Nozarashi kiko" (Journal of Bleached Bones in a Field) one of Basho's first haibun.


white blossoms
the crane was stolen
just yesterday

© Basho (Tr. Jane Reichhold)

A nice haiku I would say and it inspired me to write the following haiku:

virgin blossom
white like fresh fallen snow
colors the garden

© Chèvrefeuille

Not a very big episode, time isn't really at my side, but I just had to create this episode (and the other two episodes) for today. I hope you don't mind.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until May 11th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, on a mountain path, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all.



7 comments:

  1. I kind of like the shorter posts. Thank you! I know you don't have a lot of time these days, and that's why the posts are short, but they give us just enough to whet our appetites for writing haiku---and that's what counts! So, thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way - do not agree, the longer posts have been wonderful, useful, interesting and part of what makes Carpe Diem so special and so different.

      Delete
    2. We are all free to disagree with each other, I think, as long as we keep it civil. Each of us has a different perspective. All are welcome.

      Delete
  2. Oh . I did some googling and got an idea. hope it works. Actually for me that's really quite fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for creating these posts, Chevrefeuille -- three in one day can be quite stressful -- and I appreciate what you do for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your Basho-inspired haiku here is lovely, Chèvre. Thanks for passing that inspiration along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Haiku took my breath away Chevrefeuille.Thank you for the immense joy you give us everyday with these posts.

    ReplyDelete