Saturday, July 30, 2016

Carpe Diem #1010 Fairies


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First this I had planned to create a new Utabukuro episode, but during lack of time I will skip that episode this week, as I did earlier with the Tan Renga Challenge last Friday. My excuses for that.

Today we have the final episode of our Mysterious Nature month in which we explored the mysteries of nature through the Ogham and the Celtic culture. Today our last episode is fairies 
A fairy (also fayfaefair folk; from faeryfaerie, "realm of the fays") is a type of mythical being or legendary creature in European folklore, a form of spirit, often described as metaphysical, supernatural or preternatural.

I love the idea of fairies, but I couldn't write a post about it. So I love to challenge you to create a haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form on fairies inspired by the following image.


Mysterious Nature
A kind of Carpe Diem Imagination so to say. Have fun!

I don't have the prompt-list for August ready, but I can tell you that August will be full of excitement and wonderful quotes, because I have chosen to challenge you to create a haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form inspired on quotes. Maybe you remember our special feature "Use That Quote". August will be a month full of "Use That Quote" challenges.

To conclude this episode: I have a question for you all. As you all know next October we will celebrate our fourth (4th) anniversary and I love to hear from you which of the prompts we have used in the past four years you would love to see again. I love to create a festive 4th anniversary month with your ideas. You can tell your favorite prompts in the comments field.

A last thing: The judging for our kukai is closed. I will count the points and than I will publish the results.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 4th at noon (CET). Have fun!


1 comment:

  1. Carpe Diem Challenge # 1010 Fairies:

    twilight
    in cedars twinkling gossamer tents
    of the fairies

    ReplyDelete