Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu #86 Back In Time "Only The First Line"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our Tokubetsudesu feature. Last month I started with "Tokubetsudesu, Back In Time" and as I told you all in the prompt-list for July (which you can find in the menu above) I love to prolong this "special" Tokubetsudesu feature.

So this month we are going "Back In Time" and this week I have a nice challenge for you all. Back in 2014 I had a nice special feature titled "Only The First Line". In that feature I gave you only the first line of the haiku or tanka you have to create. I will give you an example:

Say ... the first line to use is: "blooming ice flowers", than your haiku or tanka has to start with that line. Starting a haiku with "blooming ice flowers" can lead to for example this haiku:

blooming ice flowers
painted in this stone cold night
on the bedroom window


© Chèvrefeuille

Awesome challenge don't you think so too?

Logo of this special feature
Okay back to this week's Tokubetsudesu back in time episode. Here is the first line you have to use to create a new haiku or tanka. This line is extracted from a haiku written by myself.

"with bare feet"

And here is the haiku, inspired on a quote by Khalil Gibran, from which I extracted this first line:

with bare feet
dancing on Mother Earth's grounds
wind plays with my hair


© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you do like this Tokubetsudesu back in time challenge. I am looking forward to your responses. Have fun!

This Tokubetsudesu episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and it will remain open until July 10th at noon (CET). Have fun! I will try to publish our new episode, willow, later on.


2 comments:

  1. So many directions you can go with this prompt - I always think of children freely running in bare feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu # 86:

    with bare feet
    dangling from the dock
    a Huck Finn summer

    ReplyDelete