Friday, July 8, 2016

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #106 "snow melting" (Kobayashi Issa)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new Tan Renga Challenge. I am a bit late, but there were some things who needed my attention. So my excuses for this "late" publishing of our new weekly Tan Renga Challenge.

This week I love to challenge you with a haiku written by Kobayashi Issa (1763-1828), one of the four greatest haiku poets ever:

snow melting--
where ducks are nesting
soft moonlight

© Issa

I like the haiku by Issa, but he is not my favorite haiku poet, but ... he has written beautiful haiku as you can see above.

Your challenge make the Tan Renga complete by adding your second stanza of two lines through association on the scenes in the first stanza, the haiku by Issa.

This Tan Renga Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until next Friday at noon (CET). Have fun!


1 comment:

  1. Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge # 106 "Snow Melting":

    snow melting
    where ducks are nesting
    soft moonlight Issa

    in a stiff breeze
    laundry drying on the line Joyce Lorenson

    ReplyDelete