Sunday, July 24, 2016

Carpe Diem Special #216 Patircia Donegan's "lean into the wind"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today, during circumstances, I have made it myself easy. I think you all expected an Utabukuro episode, and that's true, but because of circumstances I will not publish an Utabukuro episode. Sorry.

Today I have a nice CD Special for you with a few haiku created by a renown haiku poet, Patricia Donegan (she edited a special anthology about female haiku poets, but she is also a great haiku poetess), maybe you know her.

Patricia Donegan
These two haiku are created by her and were published in "Haiku Studio":

As rain drops diminish
I hear the tapping
of the monk's wooden bell.

Tonight
the cypress tree & I
lean into the wind.

© Patricia Donegan 

PS. As always I give credit to the haiku poet/ess,, but I couldn't retrieve an email-address to ask Patricia's permission. I hope she is okay with it.

The goal of the CD-Special is to create an all new haiku trying to catch the same feeling, tone and spirit as the given haiku. Here is my attempt:

the sound of a bell
from a far away place
echoes through the valley


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until July 29th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, Poplar, later on. Have fun!


6 comments:

  1. Carpe Diem Special # 216 "Lean into the wind" :

    leaning into the wind
    on the lonesome path
    a dusty traveler

    ReplyDelete
  2. times candle
    as suns light each days wick
    owls sleep

    _m

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the translation of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai? or your meaning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carpe Diem Haiku Kai literaly means: cease the day haiku group. My meaning? It's a warmhearted family of haiku poets / esses that share haiku on a daily base. It's a daily haiku meme that I started back in 2012. Feel free to participate Leara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear heart, I think you meant "seize the day haiku group". The sound of the two words are very similar but the first one (cease) means to leave to quit - the other (seize) means to grab hold of or embrace. Bastet

      Delete
  5. raindrops
    spraying the bus windscreen
    soothing tapping om the roof
    while wordless wet trees float by
    -homeward bound

    ReplyDelete