Saturday, October 22, 2016

Carpe Diem #1078 embroidery thread


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As you have noticed I have published already two episodes today, so this third episode will not be a very long one, but I think there is no need to create a long episode. Today I love to challenge you to create a haiku or tanka with another nice tool for art and creativity embroidery thread.

As I was younger, say a teenager, I loved to embroider, yes even guys can love that. I was studying to become a teacher and I had to learn to embroider (and all other kinds of art-work) and I loved it. I created several "art-pieces" with embroidering.

Japanese embroidery (with silk)
Take a close look at this image above ... it looks like a woodblock or a painting, but it is a real piece of embroidery art. The above image shows a beautiful piece of Japanese embroidery with silk. Isn't it awesome?

stitch by stitch
paradise birds come to life
an empty cocoon


© Chèvrefeuille

Enjoy this short episode and be inspired through it.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will will remain open until October 27th at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, the fourth CD Special by our second guest Kala Ramesh, later on. For now .... have fun!


5 comments:

  1. One hopes there will be be more comments or signs colleagues have read each other's haiku I hope this time. We already lost wonderful Celestine because of this, and someone else too. When we comment we improve. And we need to improve. I have been with Kristjaan since October 2012, and have seen many fine haiku and haiku writers. I think it is fair to say we have a long way to go to match the best in years past. ALL of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder to us all Forest Bather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On second thought, I am not a member of all networks, therefore I cannot reply or like some posts on tumbler and other places. I do go over and read them though. I can like or comment on Google, WordPress, Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, and I have no poems on WordPress and blogger or twitter...and yet, and yet.. :)

      Delete
  4. I try to comment or to let a "like" on Wordpress, Blogspot or Facebook (I'm not on Twitter or Tumblr), but I try to read the other posts here.

    ReplyDelete