Sunday, October 30, 2016

Carpe Diem Special (2nd guest) Kala Ramesh's 5th "with all the stars"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This is our last episode of our festive 4th anniversary month October 2016. With this last episode we enter the first month towards our 5th anniversary next year. Five years of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai ... awesome. I hope to create a smashing anniversary month next year because that will be our first lustrum (a period of five years), so I am already starting with the preparations of that lustrum month, October 2017.

Today it's not only our last episode of this month, but also the last Carpe Diem Special by Kala Ramesh, an Indian haiku poetess, who is renown all over the globe and who also was befriended with Jane Reichhold. Kala has written gorgeous haiku and tanka so for this last CD Special about her work I have tried to find a few beauties, haiku and tanka.

Kala Ramesh
thunderclap
the darkening sky splits
into liquid night

temple bells
the isolated raindrops
on my umbrella


spring breeze —
I catch the tune
she leaves behind
*

* With this haiku Kala Ramesh won the Heron's Nest Award Summer 2006

Blossoms of the Cordia Sebestena, a beautiful tree found in India
seeing the whole
blossom contained
in a seed
I look up to the sky
with all the stars


illusions ride
on a fast fading rainbow
somewhere there
I let go of my childhood...
I must have

© Kala Ramesh

It was really a joy to have Kala Ramesh as our guest here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. She has written wonderful haiku and tanka and I am glad that she could inspire us through her haiku and tanka.

orange chrysanthemums decorating the backyard of the old mansion

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 4th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new and first episode of our "Tanka Splendor" month later on. In that first episode we will discover the first Tanka Writing Technique by Teika Mystery and Depth.


2 comments:

  1. Carpe Diem Special " with all the stars ":

    days disappear
    snow sparkles on the hillside
    a million falling stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an intense sphere you create here with this haiku Joyce. Really one of your best I would say.

      Delete