Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Carpe Diem #1550 Harvested Fields (modern kigo)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I had a farewell-party tonight so I am a little bit late with publishing our new episode. As you all know the hospital were I work is closed during bankruptcy. The lung-unit (were I was working most of the time next to the chemo-therapy-unit is closed. All our patients have been transferred to other hospitals in our region. Next Friday we will give our last chemo-therapies and than the chemo-therapy-unit will close too ... than the hospital is only open for policlinical visits. So I have a kind of vacation now.

This month "the leaves are falling" and we are celebrating autumn with haiku, tanka, classical and non-classical kigo (seasonwords) and more. For today I have a modern kigo for you taken from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary Of Haiku", autuumn section, sub-section terrestrial: "harvested fields".

Harvested Fields (image © Johannes Plenio)

And I have two haiku by Jane Reichhold, whom I still miss as will a lot of you, to inspire you:

autumn blooms
soft white cotton balls
a harvest field

brown harvest field
the balls of white cotton
polka dots

© Jane Reichhold

Two beauties I think to awaken your muses.

Here is one from my archives:

at dawn
farmers harvesting their fields -
overcoming winter

© Chèvrefeuille

I hope I have inspired you and if I didn't, than I hope Jane did it.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 28th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment