Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Carpe Diem #1540 chrysanthemums


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Autumn ... a season full of beauty in the broadest sense of the word. I love the colorful leaves, the bright full moon, but the most I love the Chrysanthemums with all the colors like a rainbow. There are a few haiku on Chrysanthemums I love to share here for your inspiration:

Drinking the morning green tea,
The monk is calm.
The flowers of chrysanthemum.


Bloom quickly.
The ninth day is very soon.
The chrysanthemum.


© Matsuo Basho

how terrifying
her rouged fingers
against the white chrysanthemums

© Chiyo-Ni

Chrysanthemums Rainbow (Image by Jan Tyler/E+/Getty Images)

Before the white chrysanthemum
the scissors hesitate
a moment.

© Yosa Buson

Let's scatter
all the funeral chrysanthemums we have,
in the coffin  


© Soseki

All wonderful haiku by classical masters on Chrysanthemums. I love that image by the way it's really a rainbow of Chrysanthemums. And I think you all will know other beauties, but today I love to challenge you to create your own Chrysanthemums beauty ... have fun!

in the backyard
gazing at the Milky Way -
white chrysanthemums

chrysanthemum tea
a whole new sensation
tickles my senses

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 14th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on. Have fun!


1 comment:

  1. This is the first year I planted mums in the garden...glorious late bloomers!

    ReplyDelete