Sunday, November 11, 2018

Carpe Diem#1542 Crickets (modern kigo)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. I had a nice weekend, very relaxed, taking time for myself and my loved ones and I enjoyed it a lot. This month we are celebrating the beauty of autumn that's why I choose the theme "the leaves are falling". At the start of this month I gave you an idea what kind of prompts I would use this month e.g. classical and non-classical kigo (seasonwords) and haiku by the five renown haiku-poets (Basho, Issa, Buson, Chiyo-Ni and Shiki), but today (again in honor of Jane Reichhold) I have chosen a modern kigo from "A Dictionary Of Haiku" from the section autumn, subsection animals: crickets.

Cricket (image found on Pinterest)

I have chosen two haiku from that subsection and I love to challenge you to create a 'fusion'-haiku with them, so this is a "crossroads" episode. Here are the two haiku by Jane taht I have chosen:

lightning flash
into the sound of rain
a cricket shrills

nights
where you touched me
a cricket chirps

© Jane Reichhold (taken from "A Dictionary Of Haiku")

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 18th at noon(CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on. For  now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment