Sunday, February 21, 2016

Carpe Diem Special #198 Hamish Gunn's 4th Petal lanterns


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Last year I started with our CDHK kukai's and created anthologies with the submissions. In our first anthology "Petal Lanterns" I gathered all the haiku submitted by you for the kukai "wisteria" and "summertime". The title of that first anthology "Petal Lanterns" was extracted from the submitted haiku by Hamish Managua Gunn (a.k.a. Pirate), our featured haiku poet this month and the provider of all the essays this month on "senses". To honor and thank him for what he is doing for CDHK this month I have chosen the haiku "Petal Lanterns" to inspire you with for this episode of CDHK's Special.
Credits: Petal Lanterns (this was the cover of the first kukai anthology)
Maybe you can remember that anthology and the above image I used for the cover of our first CDHK kukai anthology "Petal Lanterns". Which you can find HERE).

And this is the haiku by Hamish from which I extracted the title of the first CDHK kukai anthology:

petal lanterns —
a waterfall of flowers
her lips touch mine

© Hamish

A very nice (delicate) haiku by Hamish to inspire you to write a haiku or tanka trying to catch the spirit of the haiku by Hamish.

Here is my attempt:

her sweet perfume
overwhelms my senses
Honeysuckle blooms

© Chèvrefeuille

It has become a short CD Special this time, but to say more would be a sin ...

Thank you Hamish for all you do (and have done) to make CDHK a success. This month is really awesome.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until February 24th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, desire, later on. For now ... have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I am humbled - always, here. In fact I see a lot to improve in my contribution, and think others could do a finer job, and would like them to, in order to ease the burden on yourself, too, and give you time to explore new ideas and incubate them...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamish truly is a pillar of this community. He supports us with his insightful comments and sets an example with his posts.

    ReplyDelete