Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu #68 dt.haase's "inviting silence"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It is my pleasure to bring to you an all new episode of our special feature Tokubetsudesu. This week I will tell you a little bit more about our "runner-up" of our "winter-kukai", dt.haase. dt.haase is the pseudonym of Dan Haase. Dan is an educator and consultant in Wheaton, Illinois. dt.haase is not a regular visitor of our Kai, but he sometimes shares his wonderful haiku and haiga here.

I searched the Internet, but about dt.haase I couldn't find more background information, but that doesn't matter I love to highlight a few of his wonderful haiga here. The first to share, of course, his haiku (submitted as a haiga for the "winter-kukai")


© dt.haase. "runner-up" of the "winter-kukai"

I have wandered through his website Gathering Wonder and ran into wonderful haibun, haiku and haiga. His oeuvre is broad and I love especially his photo-haiga.

Let me show you another wonderful haiga by dt.haase:


© dt.haase "runner-up" of the "winter-kukai"
A beauty I would say. dt.haase created a lot of haiku, haiga and haibun. On his google website: Wanderer With Words you can find a lot of his work.

It's not a very long episode of Tokubetsudesu, but I think (as you visit the websites by dt.haase) you can see (and read) the beauty of his work.

The title of this Tokubetsudesu episode is "inviting silence" and I love to challenge you to create a haiga (or haiku) in which you try to catch "silence". I have wandered through my archives and found a nice haiga which I created several years ago, maybe you can remember it.

Silence
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until February 5th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, Bitterness/Sour, later on. For now ... have fun!

PS.: I will publish our first CD-Special of this month later today. You have to be patient to read the first haiku of our featured haiku poet Hamish Managua Gunn. Sorry !!



No comments:

Post a Comment