Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Carpe Diem #1121 Growth


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am happy, because I have solved the technical problem with my PC. It turns out that the monitor was the guilty piece. I first thought that it was my PC so ... I am glad. So I can create CDHK again. As you all know every Wednesday I create "Universal Jane", but during the issues I had with my PC I will skip the episode of "Universal Jane" which I had planned for today.

But on the other hand ... I ran into a few wonderful haiku by Jane that fit our prompt of yesterday "seed" which I love to share here with you, so Jane is also present this week.

under the earth
newly planted seeds
part of the moonrise


seedling
larger by a drop of water
caught on its leaf

© Jane Reichhold
seedling
larger by a drop of water
caught on its leaf

an arched back
the seedling bursts
into the light

© Jane Reichhold

Today we will travel on on the Road to Santiago and as a kind of follow up on our prompt "seed" I have chosen for the prompt "growth". In our episode of yesterday I told you about the "seed exercise". In that exercise it is about growth, spiritual growth.

Open up to the world from the deep dark earth, reach for the blue sky, feel the warmth of the sun on your face, your body ... feel that you are alive. This is what the Road to Santiago is going to teach us.

As Paulo performs this exercise he says the following:

[...] "There I was, being reborn, wanting to be bathed both inside and out by the immense sun that was shining and that was asking me to continue to grow more." [...] (Source: The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho)

to the blue sky
I reach for the bright sun
feeling alive


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January16th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our next episode later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment