Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Carpe Diem honors Jane Reichhold (1937-2016) A.) already red


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As I promised you I would like to honor Jane Reichhold with a special Theme Week around her 80th birthday. As Jane would be still alive then she would have turned 80 today. Today is Jane's birthday, January 18th. This is the reason why I will create a week of special CDHK episodes to honor Jane, whom is still missed by the haiku world and by me and several others.
For this special Theme Week I have created a nice logo (I think):

photo © Sandra Simpson

As you all know Jane died by her own choice last year at the end of July. She will be missed forever. Jane was a great inspiration to me and my mentor. She meant a lot for the growth of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai and she will be here forever, her spirit will always be with us ...

I have only nice and precious memories of her and I remember that I first came in contact with her short after the start of CDHK. Before that moment I never had heard of her, but when I got to know her I have read all she has written. She even became our co-host here at CDHK.

Today I love to honor her with a few wonderful winter haiku:

swollen
the amaryllis bud
already red

already red
melted snow water
trickling over the veins
of a dried beech leaf


moving around
the wind in the pines
comes home

© Jane Reichhold

Three beauties I would say. Jane was a very gifted and loved haiku poetess ... she will always be in my heart.

I cherish the beauty of a queen red amaryllis

© Chèvrefeuille

This special episode in honor of Jane Reichhold's 80th birthday is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 23rd at noon (CET).


2 comments:

  1. Carpe Diem Jane Reichhold's 80th birthday " already red ":

    falling snow
    through the darkness
    a stem growing

    daylight
    growing stronger
    potted amaryllis

    winter's day
    the one bright spot
    amaryllis blossoms

    scarlet sunset
    nature's hussy
    seductive amaryllis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are really beautiful Joyce, such precious little gems

      Delete