Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Carpe Diem Universal Jane #10 New Year's Day


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It is my pleasure to give you a new episode of our tribute feature "Universal Jane". Jane Reichhold's spirit is still dwelling here arpound at CDHK and I cherish that. I have only warm memories of her and I love to share her poetry here for al long time.
On January 18th I will start our first Theme Week in honor of Jane Reichhold, if she would be alive than she would have become 80 years of age and I think we can celebrate her 80th birtday with a wonderful week.

This week, I am glad to have find time, I have a nice series of haiku by Jane to inspire you. These haiku are extracted from the online version of her "Dictionary of Haiku" and are all chosen from the New Year's part of that dictionary.




last day of the year
walking a country lane
to the end of it

filling
the glass with candlelight
champagne


New Year's snow
a radiance in dark pines
white full moon


© Jane Reichhold

Three wonderful haiku in which Jane shares "the path" from the "old" year to the "new" year. All three are in a way my favorite, but that second haiku is by far my favorite. I have tried to create my own poem inspired on that second haiku ... but it wasn't that easy as I thought, so I love to share a tanka here from my archives.

candles  
champagne and chocolates
your sweet perfume
becoming one with each other
in front of the fireplace

© Chèvrefeuille

I hope you did like this episode and I hope that the haiku by Jane will bring the inspiration you need. Let us awaken our muses in honor of Jane.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 9th at noon (CET). 


No comments:

Post a Comment