Thursday, January 19, 2017

Carpe Diem honors Jane Reichhold (1937-2017) B.) musical chord (tanka)

photo © Sandra Simpson

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the second episode of this special Theme Week in honor of the 80th birthday of Jane Reichhold, queen of haiku and tanka. Jane passed away last summer, but if she would have been alive she would have become 80 on January 18th 2017. As you all know Jane is in my heart forever. Without her Carpe Diem Haiku Kai wouldn't have become "the best website on haiku and tanka" on the WWW.

We all know her from her beautiful haiku writing skills, she really has written wonderful haiku. I hope to become that great myself once, but until than I will bow my head in admiration of her beautiful haiku.
Jane didn't write only haiku, she also was a great tanka poetess and a great renga master / poetess. Today I love to inspire you with tanka written by Jane and I hope you all will honor her with tanka inspired on her tanka. I have ran through the many beauties by Jane and I ran into a few wonderful tanka.

flowered wind
in your wild hair
the will of love
as a bright nimbus
frames your rosy face

waves
flowing over the mountains
wind in rain
the moaning of mothers
harsh breath among tears

musical chord
footsteps on the threshold
where growing up
a house once held a warmth
hearts beating alone together

face of the moon
in the hot tub
a swirl of bubbles
where one naked body moves
a liquid night-time sky

moonlight
breaking to bits
fallen leaves
drawn down to earth
a hammered silver circle

© Jane Reichhold (A gift of Tanka)

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 24th at noon (CET). Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment