Sunday, January 22, 2017

Carpe Diem honors Jane Reichhold (1937-2017) D. a rainbow bridge

photo © Sandra Simpson

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our special theme week around Jane's 80th birthday. Today I have a nice series of tanka for you which I extracted from Jane's "A Gift of Tanka". Jane was not only a great haiku poetess, but also a wonderful tanka poetess in fact she encouraged me to start tanka writing myself. As you all know I do write tanka on a regular base, but I am still very much in love with haiku and that will be my frist love forever.

desert leaving
one of my dream souls
in the lizard
patterns of his back
passport to change



waterfall
torn to ribbons
bright mist
this body someday too
a rainbow bridge
high-tide beach
blue into the clear sky
the openness
for all things to become
the rush of another wave
free to fly
the ocean flows
into a cloud
the spirit released
expands in whiteness
© Jane Reichhold (A Gift of Tanka)
A wonderfull series of tanka I would say, to inspire you to create haiku or tanka in honor of Jane Reichhold.

Here is my humble offering for this episode:

puzzle resolved
the sound of a waterfall
makes me happy
through the thin mist
I can sense her presence


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 27th at noon (CET).

No comments:

Post a Comment