Saturday, March 9, 2013

Carpe Diem #141, Kiji (Pheasant)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I haven't enough time to prepare this episode so I will give only the prompt for today and an example of a haiku with it.
Today we share haiku on Kiji (Pheasant) a wonderful bird living in the fields and woods.

A haiku by Basho (without Romajij):

through the skylark's singing
comes the beat
of pheasants' cries


Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us here on Carpe Diem.

This prompt will stay on 'till March 11th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode later on today around 10.00 PM (CET)





6 comments:

  1. Hi, always happy to read your entries, and the haiku from Basho is beautiful. :-) thanks for keeping it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful haiku by Basho.. thank you for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate this so much - can feel how busy you are, but what you have started and spread is so wonderful. Let me know if you need assisting in research or anything sometimes, when there is just too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learned much about Japanese pheasant having to learn more about them to write. Not sure my haiku is "right" but is what most struck me about the research. Thank you for this gift of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your dedication to Carpe Diem Kristjaan. It has become a treasured part of my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back in the day, women used to make their own hats. One prized hat in the midwest was one of pheasant feathers...expensive unless you knew a hunter. My mother's oldest sister was needing certain feathers from a pheasant to complete her hat...
    I was maybe elementary aged and clearly remember my aunt asking my father to be sure not to damage the feathers she needed ! He said many unkind words about the request, but sure enough he provided the needed feathers and a tasty meal to boot.

    Thank you for the interesting prompt...seemingly difficult, yet easy when the fingers hit the keys !
    BTW, my Aunt of the pheasant hat will turn 100 in six weeks...none worse the wear for her special requests, and living alone in an apartment.

    Peace,
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete